Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yesterday at the University of Washington

Yesterday Don, Becky and I drove to Seattle for an appointment with Dr. Yueng.  This appointment was to have staples removed (accomplished!) and for general followup (also accomplished).  Becky let me squeeze her hand while the staples came out.  I remember doing the same for her.  How time changes things.  Now I just have a very itchy incision.

The result of our visit was that all of the tumor has been removed along with a 3 cm margin.  That doesn't necessarily mean the cancer is gone because they're still looking for the primary site--as yet elusive to all tests.  So the next step is to wait 6 weeks, by which time I should be recovered from this surgery, get another full scan and then go back to the UW for the results.  We're just going one step at a time.

My big job now is to rest, eat, hydrate and heal.  I have lots of help with this so feel no pressure to get up and get going!

Blessings on you all.  Thanks for your continual prayers...

1 comment:

  1. How is it to be the two of you in the house again? Are you getting enough help? Are you bored? Plenty of meals in the freezer? Ready to talk about another visit in about a week and a half? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete