Saturday, September 29, 2012

Becky here!  Mom wanted me to share a humorous moment from the hospital - there were many, but this was one of my favorites.  The U of W Medical Center is a teaching hospital, so you don't have one doctor you have whole teams of doctors who come visiting.  The leader of the Pain Team is a French man who pushes a wheeled cart with a computer monitor on it in front of him wherever he goes. I don't know what else he has under the computer monitor but I picture some devices that he uses to cause pain.   He wears heavy black framed glasses, wears a white lab coat and speaks with a VERY heavy accent.  All his little Pain Team minions follow behind like little ducks.  One day he arrived pushing his little cart with the rest of the pain team following behind, he was wearing a mask which just added to the bizarre scene - I guess he was feeling under the weather.  He said "We are zeh pen tem", and all of a sudden I had a Peter Sellers moment.  I started laughing and felt bad, I didn't want to insult anyone but I couldn't help it!  It felt like a Peter Sellers or Mel Brooks movie.  He looked at me and I apologized and explained why I found it so funny and I'm so sorry but I cant help laughing, then HE started laughing too!  He played along and said "We are zeh pen tem, we are here to cause you pen, and we LIKE it!"  It was awesome.  :) 

3 comments:

  1. This was a truly funny moment and I'm so glad I was coherent enough to fully enjoy it. Love the UWMC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool to find folks with a sense of humor in the hospital setting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete