Saturday, September 1, 2012

How are you feeling?

I am asked that question a lot.  From husband to doctors to daughters to friends to strangers!  Let's see.  How am I feeling?  

This is all part of my story, you see.  Feeling.  Because of my early-childhood-years "stuff" I avoided "feeling" as much as possible.  It was much easier on my little heart to walk through life with a smile on my face and spring in my step than to actually deal with reality.  So until later in life I kept most people at a distance or sent them there if they got too close.  I know there are many women walking around today in this same situation because I've met them and have  talked with them and cried with them and laughed with them.  What a gift!  Remember how much I love stories and the freedom that comes when we truly understand them.

So when you ask me today how I'm feeling I'm delighted to tell you that I am!  Now to answer your question...  I'm feeling a little sick.  I've felt a little sick for most of a year and haven't known why.  Kind of wearing.  My body is working hard to keep my systems strong so I'm tired most of the time--sometimes more, sometimes less.  I feel kind of a dull pain that responds well to my medication.  I seem to need a lot of time in my chair kicked back, watching the birds come to the feeder, listening to the Spirit within quiet me, keeping me in the moment.

I also feel happy!  I get out every day for a walk and usually a drive somewhere and so appreciate the beauty around us here in Port Angeles and feel so privileged to live here.  I feel peaceful.  One of the big things I've learned is that we are given the great gift of Now.  I can choose all day (and all night) long to set my focus on "right here, right now" and live fully present with whomever is here, whatever is going on, no matter what my circumstance.  It is totally possible.  Since I have Jesus in my life, time spent with Him is paramount.  You may not know it when you're with me but...I'm keyed in to Him all day long.  Big subject.  Ask me about it sometime, we can chat.

Deuteronomy 30 says to "choose Life so that you and your descendants might live!"  That's what I'm doing.  All day long.  

How are YOU feeling? 

6 comments:

  1. Feeling happy & tired. Great post Myrn, about not feeling on purpose cuz it's too painful. So thankful to know the Healer. No hurt is too big or too little! Love Mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling thankful to have you in my life. :) Thanks for the post Myrn! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post...meatey. I thought of Deut 30 this morning when things weren't going exactly as I wanted them to. I was preaching to myself and part of that message was "choose life"! thanks for sharing...great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myrna, I'm feeling glad that you are feeling happy and peaceful. Sorry you feel sick. Happy that Jesus chose you to be His. As a result, you key others into Him and that is what its about anyway, right? You have a lovely way with words and you are an encouragement to the rest of of. You rock! Love you cousin. I would love to ask you about that big subject sometime. Much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling great! thanks for asking. Thanks for the point to living right now. Love ya Megs

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need a "like" button! Not putting 100% of yourself out in the world, but keeping a little bit constantly "keyed in". It's harder than it seems! Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete