Monday, August 20, 2012

Heading to the Big City

Heading over to the Big City (Seattle) today, staying overnight so we can be at the all-important appointment bright and early in the morning.  I'm told we'll come away from there after a few hours with a plan.  I have lots of emotions running around--relief (that we're taking action), sadness (that our little hiatus is interrupted), apprehension (at taking in lots of new information and remaining present in the moment)...  Can I do it?  Yes.  I'm sure of that.  I have lots of reasons for this confidence.  My Lord has never failed me yet and isn't about to do it now.  I have wonderful, strong, support going with me into this.  I can't tell you how many people are praying for me/us...  That is a huge, huge gift.   

It helps me a lot to write this out.  This is my continuing story.  I'm impressed again with the importance of telling our stories!  One of the foundational scriptures in my journey is Rev. 12:11.  It talks about the power we have to defeat the enemy (Satan) by speaking our stories.  It says, "...and the enemy is DEFEATED by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus) and by the word of our testimony (the speaking aloud of our story)".  So even as I write this out I feel the sadness and apprehension diminish and Peace become stronger.  YAY!  It's like a RESET BUTTON!  

Thanks for reading, for hanging in there with me, for praying, for encouraging.  I love to read your comments.        

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posted! Was hoping you might.. yes you do have many praying for you and that is no small thing. I remember "feeling" that when we were going through really tuff stuff and those prayers, a "Kingdom focus" and Jesus inside of me really were enough for each moment. We have enough grace for this moment. I love that. I don't have to worry about the next moment or the last...I am just in this one..that is so very much more doable. I love you and am praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace is such a wonderful gift. Love you Myrna! Praying, praying, praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Myrna and Don and family, every day. Here are a few lines from today's "Jesus Calling". "I Am a God Who Heals". My very Presence has immense healing powers. You cannot live close to Me without experiencing some degree of healing. You receive the healing that flows naturally from My Presence, whether your seek it or not. But there is more -much more- available to those who ask. I rarely heal all the brokenness in a person's life. Even my servant Paul was told, "My grace is sufficient for you," when he sought healing for the thorn in his flesh. Nonetheless, much healing is available to those whose lives are intimately interwoven with Mine. Ask, and you will receive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of my favorite versus...."the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony...". I love that it's something that they enemy can never EVER ever defeat. Ever. His testimony in the story of our lives. thanks for continuing to share yours. praying lots dear friend. XOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete