Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I know you want to know...


August 8, 2012

I know you want to know what I wore to my appointment.  (Apologies to you men who read this and just don’t care.)  I wore my GapBody sweats, a soft dark purple t-shirt and my yellow Chico zip sweatshirt that I found at Goodwill!  So comfy.

When we arrived for our 2-hour appointment I had with me Don, my good friend JoDee, daughters Debbie and Susan.  (We had to bring in an extra chair.)  Quite the party.  I was so glad they all had come.  Everyone has a part to play.  Between all of us we heard what was said and I was able to rest knowing I wasn’t there alone.  We laughed and joked.  It was easy.

The outcome of my oncologist appointment was encouraging, but then we still don’t have the full story.  The encouraging part is that they may be able to remove the cancerous portion of my liver and still have plenty left to live with.  The scan of my chest came out clear.  My blood work was good.  Really, I’m quite healthy except for CANCER! 
Dr. Kummet said we will next pursue getting lined up with the surgeons at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) for an evaluation of me being a good surgical candidate.

Now we await the results of the Seattle lab that is working on my tissue samples that will tell more of the story.  My cancer is small-cell cancer, atypical (not usual) for a primary liver cancer.  So it may be originating some place else we haven’t yet explored, so to speak.

Dr. Kummet’s prescription for us was to go home and rest.  So I was very obedient and, after a good lunch, went to bed and slept for 2 ½ hours!  Blissful.

Parts of Psalm 16 that comfort my soul:  Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge.  Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.  You guard all that is mine.  The land you have given me is a pleasant land.  What a wonderful inheritance!  I will bless the Lord who guides me, even at night my heart instructs me.  I know the Lord is always with me.  I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.  No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.  My body rests in safety.”







4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you made this blog! Now I will know exactly how to pray for you. You are so strong and I love you very much:) Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.”
    Beautiful words for our hearts-- I especially love the part: "no wonder my heart is glad." It makes perfect sense to have a glad, rejoicing heart when we are kept by such a good and gracious Shepherd. Thanks for writing, Myrna. Jesus is shining through and using you to speak to my heart.
    I love you!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Kummet is so good. I really am glad he's your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, my body rests in safety. thanks for sharing your heart and His words. love you so. :)

    ReplyDelete