Tuesday, August 14, 2012

While we wait....

While we wait for a phone call from SCCA (Seattle Cancer Care Alliance), I thought I'd share with you a little reading that I keep going back to over and over... because I need reminding over and over!  Here it is:

 "Sit quietly in my presence while I bless you.  Make your mind like a still pool of water, ready to receive whatever (!) thoughts I drop into it.  Rest in My sufficiency, as you consider the challenges this day presents.  Do not wear yourself out by worrying about whether you can cope with the pressures.  Keep looking to Me and communicating with Me, as we walk through this day together.

Take time to rest by the wayside, for I am not in a hurry.  A leisurely pace accomplishes more than hurried striving.  When you rush, you forget who you are and Whose you are.  Remember that you are royalty in My kingdom."

This is from a little book called "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  The scriptures that apply are Psalm 37:7, Romans 8:16-17, I Peter 2:9...and probably many more but those are the ones she lists.

I love sitting in my chair these days, looking out at the trees, sky and birds and quieting my mind so I can listen well...  

Blessings on you my family and friends.  

 


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Myrna. I found your blog and will follow along with you on your journey. I have that book, "Jesus Calling", received it as a gift from Heather, it contains some real pearls. I am going to send the link to your blog to some family members - there is much to be learned from you, medically and spiritually, as you and God walk this particular dusty trail. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your faith. You totally rock, dear cousin. I'm so glad God has blessed you with such a huge fan club, and especially your awesome hubby. Awesome photo of you two, by the way. I love you dear one. Go stomp the head of that intruder!!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sitting and listening... not my favorite or easiest thing to do. But God... has blessed me with a new learned time of waiting sitting and listening, and some was learned from you dear sister by watching and listening. You give me hope everytime I read your story. I believe God directed you and Don to us and you teach us everyday with your God filled lives. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete