Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Round-about way to do things

Seems like a round-about way to do things but I'm sure it keeps them from being pestered by "whomever"...  Apparently the Cancer Center people got the referral from my oncologist in Sequim and mailed us a letter!  A letter?  Really?  The onc. PA called us with this information and suggested we check the mail.  Hahaha...  Seems sort of archaic, but...OK.  So I walked out to the mail box and sure enough there was a very thin envelop with the number I am to call to make an appointment.  It was from the University of Washington Medical Center Surgical Specialty Center.  So I called the number and got an answering machine.  Here we are, waiting for a call again.  I'm fine.  Don is pretty impatient.  There only needs to be one impatient person, right?  I'll let it be him.

There's a place here in Port Angeles lovingly referred to as "The Spit".  It's a strip of land that separates the PA harbor from the Straights of Juan de Fuca and forms our lovely deep harbor.  It's a favorite drive of ours to go out on The Spit and look first at the town, what ships are in harbor, check out the mountains--snow, no snow?--.  Then we turn and look out across the Straits toward Victoria, British Columbia.  Big water.  Big ships.  So amazing.  Very refreshing.  So we're going to go there right now.  And wait for a phone call.  Will it come today?  I don't know.

3 comments:

  1. Round-a-bout.....aka....insensitive!!! Wouldn't want them to be pestered now, would we!!! I'ts just their job after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a book I read when I had cancer... long time ago it was writtrn by a doctor that got cancer and had to wait. I remember it gave me some peace in the waiting time. I think it was caller the doctor?? anyone?

    ReplyDelete