Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tests, more tests...

We do not yet have a plan, but this day was an important step in getting one.  I'll keep this short and write more tomorrow because, believe it or not, I'm going to bed!  I know it's only 7:15 but bed is calling.

Here's the bottom line.  I am operable.  And more tests are needed.  The surgeon and chief resident talked with us, answered all our questions completely.  The team agreed that in order to proceed with making the best possible treatment plan they need more info.  It will be possible to remove the liver tumor and still function well.  There are many questions still remaining, the most important of which is where is the cancer originating--the primary site.  

After our meeting this morning I had more blood work and another CT scan using two different contrasts--one I drank (yummy lunch!) and one they injected.  This week I get to have a colonoscopy!  (Don't think about it too much...  hehe).  

So now we're home.  Don drove, of course, and I slept!  It was the fastest trip ever.  I must tell you more about our day, about my incredible dream team that made such a difference.  Hope you sleep well, I know I will...

1 comment:

  1. I'm cheering for you and sending lots of prayers from sunny california myrna. I'm excited about your blog :). big XO's. itty bitty :).

    ReplyDelete