Saturday, August 11, 2012

I thought we should move to Ellensburg!

I thought we should move to Ellensburg...Washington, that is.  Now the thought just makes me laugh!  About 3 weeks ago I'd had it with the dreary weather, feeling kind of like withdrawing from polite society.  What a great idea, I thought.  I looked online and found cute little ranch houses on 1/2-acre parcels, sunshine, mountains in the distance.  I rationalized downsizing, closer to children (by 1/2 hour).  Don was semi-agreeable, wanting nothing but for me to be happy.  I secretly harbored this idea for about 2 weeks and then mentioned it to a friend whose story is similar to mine in the "moving around" parts.  So she was ready to come with me!  Then I mentioned this idea to my friend JoDee.  Big Mistake!  (Or actually, good move.)  She is a truth teller, sees clearly, knows my story, can tell it like it is--very passionately.  Basically she told me it was a very bad idea.  The part that gripped my heart was this,  "and you can withdraw from people and make it ok to move!"  Truth.  Ouch!  Yikes.  She had me.  I believe God spoke through her.

In my growing up years I lived with my mother from the age of nine, parents having divorced.  My mom was wonderful in many ways but she was always looking for the next place to move to, growing dissatisfied over and over with wherever situation was at hand. We moved around a lot!  As a result of this early life experience I've been prone to dissatisfaction and its accompanying difficulties.  Fortunately for me, I married Stability! 

Anyway... now I have cancer.  I cannot, cannot imagine being anywhere but here--in this beautiful place with an amazing support system (people who truly love and know me), nearby to my family, settled in with wonderful medical care, etc., etc.  You get the picture.  I pray that my heart  remains focused in this place of Peace, where God has given me the desires of my heart, where this new chapter is about to unfold.  I am in the exact place He has ordained I should be.  He has established me here, has grown me up in many ways.

Scripture, which guides me day by day, says, "..;and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."    I want what He wants!  Ellensburg?!  Not now.  It makes me smile.  Good lesson.

5 comments:

  1. Excited to see another entry in your blog..I am looking forward to hearing your life stories and thoughts....keep it coming. I didn't know this about you (the moving around part etc) Funny, what we don't know about others even though we have many conversations... I love how this scripture just puts things right into perspective for me every time (the scripture you quoted reminded me of it)

    "All the days ordained for me
    were written in your book
    before one of them came to be."
    (Psalm 139:16)

    love you,
    Gayle H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are not moving, love how god puts people in our path that have the words we need to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows Myrn.... with global warming sweeping over Port Angeles, maybe we will have that tropical climate we want right here at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...the exact places where they should live." whenever i read this it still makes me feel a sense of awe of Him. still. glad you are staying there :).

    ReplyDelete