Thursday, August 16, 2012

Special Gifts

We've received some very special gifts--
   A dear friend who is praying specifically for our children through my cancer journey.
   Another who prays for me in the middle of the night when she answers the call of nature =)
   Little blackberries along the road where I walk.  I stop and pick a few every day, and eat  
      them right then and there.  They're usually warm from the sun.
   A huge variety of birds that visit our feeder and entertain me all day long.
   A Japanese friend who brought me seaweed she picked herself and processed and instructs
      me to eat a tablespoon morning and night.  I do.  And kale from her garden.
   Her husband who prayed such a heartfelt prayer for me with tears in his eyes.
   Children who clean and cook and talk and love us so very well.
   Grandchildren.
   The comfort of my chair that is positioned perfectly so I can look out our big windows at the
      beauty around us...or at the TV when we need mindless entertainment!  
   My little "camp" where I have everything I need within reach--you know, kleenex, phone, 
      books, pen and notepad, Bible, water, etc., etc.
   Offers of help that just keep coming... 
   Those who are always here for us.
    Visitors

I could go on and on.  Feeling very blessed.
     
 

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it cool that it's the simple things of life, the God-given things (like warm wild blackberries) that make life interesting? Thanks for the nice thoughts dear cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your spirit Myrna. Your energy is something I want to emulate in my own life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrna, a message to your from cousin Carol.

    "She has been added to several prayer lists. We can offer a place to stay while she is in consults (a 40 minute drive but free)."

    Carol Waters

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that you are well loved...and love you. :)

    ReplyDelete